CincyBengals.com - The Bengal's Lair

Go Back   CincyBengals.com - The Bengal's Lair > Football Talk > General Bengals Chat
Connect with Facebook
Home Forums Other Links Arcade Radio and TV

Notices

General Bengals Chat Talk about your Cincinnati Bengals here!

Old 04-28-2012, 05:36 PM
Infidel
Contributor
Points: 50,478, Level: 23 Points: 50,478, Level: 23 Points: 50,478, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Bengal Bucks: 71,278.11
Marvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to Marvin_for_prez
Re: Bengals Draft -- Day Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARiversRunsThroughIT View Post
This defense is one breakout season from say...Carlos Dunlap....away from being the #1 defense in football.

Rey Rey has no excuses left. If he can't stay out of the riff raff with this d-line.....Skuta needs to start.

Zimmer, with this talent.....is going to cause opponents nightmares.
If Maualuga can't blow people up working from behind this line, he won't be around next year. And rightfully so. They have age working against them at CB, but those guys are decent for the most part. One corner is set with the Kirkpatrick pick. Even if Hall misses the first 6 games (or even the season), I'm pretty sure Zimmer can get some quality starts out of one of the 90 others they have left to choose from. And I'm not a fan of Mays being the starter, but I've resigned myself to the fact that it's going to happen. They brought him in and let Crocker go for a reason, so I'll trust them for now. I guess he doesn't have to be a Pro Bowler, just better than Crocker.
They definitely have the most talented group I've seen the Bengals put together on defense. They went to the playoffs last year and after the draft they're better than that. It's going to be interesting.
I'm trying not to feel like a Browns fan and start screaming Superbowl, but it's hard not to be excited about the group they're putting together. They are young, they are deep, and they are good. On both sides of the ball. I could see the 2012 Bengals easily being better than any of the Palmer/Ocho teams. Can't wait to watch the Monday Night Football season opening bloodbath vs. Baltimore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARiversRunsThroughIT View Post
Oh well...there you have it....nice draft....once again we took on character risk players.......but.....you know......it's what we do.

For us.....a doobie & a D.U.I. is about as clean as we can expect.

When you see the guys listed out, it's a very impressive draft that has the potential to take us to the next step.

Always that spector of the dreaded headline and mugshot.......but we are so used to it that I don't think anybody will be shocked if it happens.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know anything about Charles, but I said before that everything I saw or read about Kirkpatrick led me to believe that he knew he'd made a mistake and regretted it. And being on a team with professionals like Clements and Newman around him and a guy like Pacman who can teach him from personal experience what it's like to go down the bad road certainly can't hurt the kid's chances any.
They took a couple of chances. Call it a gut feeling, but I don't get the "same old Bengals" vibe from this group. Could be wrong. Hope I'm not.

If I had a nickel for every time I wanted to punch someone in the face, I would have a metric shit ton of nickels.

Last edited by Marvin_for_prez; 04-28-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marvin_for_prez For This Useful Post:
MDBengal  (04-28-2012), qtk1  (04-28-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Hall of Famer
Contributor
Points: 18,305, Level: 14 Points: 18,305, Level: 14 Points: 18,305, Level: 14
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Bengal Bucks: 2,211,283.94
qtk1 Level 2
Send a message via Skype™ to qtk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin_for_prez View Post
I'll be the first to admit that I don't know anything about Charles, but I said before that everything I saw or read about Kirkpatrick led me to believe that he knew he'd made a mistake and regretted it. And being on a team with professionals like Clements and Newman around him and a guy like Pacman who can teach him from personal experience what it's like to go down the bad road certainly can't hurt the kid's chances any.
They took a couple of chances. Call it a gut feeling, but I don't get the "same old Bengals" vibe from this group. Could be wrong. Hope I'm not.
As soon as I saw they drafted kirk and I looked into him and his story I was happy I think he knows he screwed up and wont do it agian. Yes he did have a problem with being a team player but I feel like there was more to the story then him just being a bad team player.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Hall of Famer
Contributor
Points: 47,040, Level: 22 Points: 47,040, Level: 22 Points: 47,040, Level: 22

Bengal Bucks: 1,299,626.06
ARiversRunsThroughIT is a jewel in the roughARiversRunsThroughIT is a jewel in the roughARiversRunsThroughIT is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin_for_prez View Post
If Maualuga can't blow people up working from behind this line, he won't be around next year. And rightfully so. They have age working against them at CB, but those guys are decent for the most part. One corner is set with the Kirkpatrick pick. Even if Hall misses the first 6 games (or even the season), I'm pretty sure Zimmer can get some quality starts out of one of the 90 others they have left to choose from. And I'm not a fan of Mays being the starter, but I've resigned myself to the fact that it's going to happen. They brought him in and let Crocker go for a reason, so I'll trust them for now. I guess he doesn't have to be a Pro Bowler, just better than Crocker.
They definitely have the most talented group I've seen the Bengals put together on defense. They went to the playoffs last year and after the draft they're better than that. It's going to be interesting.
I'm trying not to feel like a Browns fan and start screaming Superbowl, but it's hard not to be excited about the group they're putting together. They are young, they are deep, and they are good. On both sides of the ball. I could see the 2012 Bengals easily being better than any of the Palmer/Ocho teams. Can't wait to watch the Monday Night Football season opening bloodbath vs. Baltimore.

I don't feel the same old vibe either.

40 years as a Bengals fan and I've never seen this much talent on defense. Every year I hear that Zimmer does it with no names......well that's just bull. The Bengals have Pro Bowl caliber players on this defense and just added more.

When you consider they way the Bengals rotate the d-line.....they just added 4 starters (Dre will play 50% of the snaps easy, the RG will take every snap, and the 2 DT's will both make the team and join the rotation.

Add in the TE (the old guy isn't gonna make the team) and this draft will have guys playing significant snaps from day one.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Hall of Famer
Contributor
Points: 27,885, Level: 17 Points: 27,885, Level: 17 Points: 27,885, Level: 17
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Bengal Bucks: 4,135,637.17
MDBengal is a splendid one to beholdMDBengal is a splendid one to beholdMDBengal is a splendid one to beholdMDBengal is a splendid one to beholdMDBengal is a splendid one to beholdMDBengal is a splendid one to beholdMDBengal is a splendid one to behold

I wondered about the tight end from Georgia myself, then I saw the guys on ESPN break it down. What a damn fine pick at that point in the draft. He's a Aaron Hernandez type who will stretch the field. Damn fine pick.

Bring back the old uniforms!
Old 04-28-2012, 09:31 PM
Hall of Famer
Contributor
Points: 47,040, Level: 22 Points: 47,040, Level: 22 Points: 47,040, Level: 22

Bengal Bucks: 1,299,626.06
ARiversRunsThroughIT is a jewel in the roughARiversRunsThroughIT is a jewel in the roughARiversRunsThroughIT is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDBengal View Post
I wondered about the tight end from Georgia myself, then I saw the guys on ESPN break it down. What a damn fine pick at that point in the draft. He's a Aaron Hernandez type who will stretch the field. Damn fine pick.
Lee won't make the team now. No way the cut Cochert.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Hall of Famer
Points: 14,144, Level: 12 Points: 14,144, Level: 12 Points: 14,144, Level: 12
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Bengal Bucks: 209,454.51
Winter Level 2Winter Level 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDBengal View Post
That and you have to have a back up. If Gresham goes down for a game or two it really strains and hurts this offense. This gives us some depth and young fast talent at the position. I was hoping for just this kind of pick on the third day. Shockingly it happened! Man I am loving this!!!!!

I am not sure what the do with all the talent and bodies they have collected. I could see a trade coming easily... Big RB... Fast WR... Decent LB... Just saying.