CincyBengals.com - The Bengal's Lair

Go Back   CincyBengals.com - The Bengal's Lair > Offtopic > General Off Topic Chat
Connect with Facebook
Home Forums Other Links Arcade Radio and TV

Notices

General Off Topic Chat A place for your basic chat about anything and whatever. Simple, harmless, chit chat.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Infidel
Contributor
Points: 50,478, Level: 23 Points: 50,478, Level: 23 Points: 50,478, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Bengal Bucks: 77,012.01
Marvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to Marvin_for_prez
Re: What's Your Brew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDarkYet View Post
Oberon is pretty good, and I'm not a wheat beer guy.
Me either, but it is pretty damn tasty. For some reason, two or three pints give me a wicked headache though.

If I had a nickel for every time I wanted to punch someone in the face, I would have a metric shit ton of nickels.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Hall of Famer
Points: 15,846, Level: 13 Points: 15,846, Level: 13 Points: 15,846, Level: 13

Bengal Bucks: 16,675.17
billybroome Level 3billybroome Level 3billybroome Level 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtk1 View Post
the best i ever had is a mainstream beer in germany called Hefeweizen.
Good stuff right there. We have a local micro brewery here in northern Arizona, and they make some pretty good beer as well.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Hall of Famer
Contributor
Points: 18,463, Level: 14 Points: 18,463, Level: 14 Points: 18,463, Level: 14
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Bengal Bucks: 2,213,120.50
qtk1 Level 2
Send a message via Skype™ to qtk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybroome View Post
Good stuff right there. We have a local micro brewery here in northern Arizona, and they make some pretty good beer as well.
Just dont try to order it online. What they send you is crap
Old 03-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtk1 View Post
Just dont try to order it online. What they send you is crap
Sounds like the voice of experience speaking. Honestly there is plenty of top shelf beer you can buy locally, be it a liquor store, tavern, or even restaurants to have to risk the online route.

OTOH while I do enjoy a beer, (especially while grilling on a warm summer day) bourbon is my alcohol of choice. If I had unlimited financial resources I'd drink only single barrel batches, but I'm not that fortunate. So while I occasionally splurge for the expensive stuff, I make do with lower cost but still good brands like Jim Beam or Evan Williams.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Infidel
Contributor

Marvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud ofMarvin_for_prez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Sounds like the voice of experience speaking. Honestly there is plenty of top shelf beer you can buy locally, be it a liquor store, tavern, or even restaurants to have to risk the online route.

OTOH while I do enjoy a beer, (especially while grilling on a warm summer day) bourbon is my alcohol of choice. If I had unlimited financial resources I'd drink only single barrel batches, but I'm not that fortunate. So while I occasionally splurge for the expensive stuff, I make do with lower cost but still good brands like Jim Beam or Evan Williams.
Woodford Reserve is my favorite. That new Maker's Mark 46 is pretty damn tasty too. Other excellent selections that won't break your wallet ($30-$45 range) are Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace, and Basil Hayden's.
Rocks glass of bourbon and a tall glass of ice water on the side is my preferred method of thinking of reasons not to choke people after work.

If I had a nickel for every time I wanted to punch someone in the face, I would have a metric shit ton of nickels.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin_for_prez View Post
Woodford Reserve is my favorite. That new Maker's Mark 46 is pretty damn tasty too. Other excellent selections that won't break your wallet ($30-$45 range) are Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace, and Basil Hayden's.
Rocks glass of bourbon and a tall glass of ice water on the side is my preferred method of thinking of reasons not to choke people after work.
Uh, Mfp... at the rate I drink $40 for a .75 liter bottle wouldn't fit my budget, but all those brands you mentioned are excellent. I reserve them for special occasions like my birthday, national holidays, and when I hit a good scratcher ticket.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Site Slacker
Contributor
Points: 10,930, Level: 11 Points: 10,930, Level: 11 Points: 10,930, Level: 11

Bengal Bucks: 2,035,352.46
Run River Level 3Run River Level 3Run River Level 3
Send a message via AIM to Run River

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin_for_prez View Post
Got my glass of Jim on the rocks right now.. hold the water though.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:44 PM
Infidel
Contributor

Quote:
Uh, Mfp... at the rate I drink $40 for a .75 liter bottle wouldn't fit my budget, but all those brands you mentioned are excellent. I reserve them for special occasions like my birthday, national holidays, and when I hit a good scratcher ticket.
I don't drink like I used to at all. I couldn't even if I wanted to because of work, but mostly I just slowed down. I did a metric ****ton of partying/working in bars for a long, long time. I don't regret it one bit (and I still get crazy every now and again), but that point of my life is just over. I just enjoy a quiet drink or two to relax or have a couple if I go out to watch a band, but I definitely don't drink a lot anymore. 20+ years at full throttle kinda takes it out of you, I guess.
I figure I'm old enough and do well enough for myself that I don't have to drink shitty alcohol anymore. But then again, I don't spend money on dumb shit either. I have a crappy car (it runs and goes, no payment), I don't spend money on fancy TVs, stereos, iPads, computers, or crazy cell phones. I just don't give a damn about that kind of stuff and I would never use any of it anyhow. What I do spend my money on is me. If I want to eat a steak and a lobster tail, I spend the money and don't bat an eye. And I keep at least a couple of bottles of quality bourbon on hand at all times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run River View Post
Got my glass of Jim on the rocks right now.. hold the water though.
I don't like my bourbon watered down. I like it with no ice (and NEVER mixed with anything).

Last edited by Marvin_for_prez; 03-29-2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost